All elements discussed for Creole. Discussions used vocabulary for characters defined in Terms. Terms also gives you an overview, which characters are already used in creole, and which are not.
Summary of All Markup#
Basic elements of Creole#
Creole Wiki discussion focused on developing a small set of elements rather than a comprehensive vocabulary.
- Lists - Ordered and unordered lists
- Bold And Italics - Text emphasis
- Links - Internal and external
- Line Breaks - How to handle linebreaks, forced line breaks...
- Preformatted And Nowiki - For inserting text with a lot of special characters, like sourcecode
- Placeholder - Markup for unsupported syntax
- Images - in-line images and in-line image links
- Horizontal Line - often used as divider in discussions -> potential conflict with dashes for lists
- Tables - Simple tables included since Creole 0.3
- Escape - Included since Creole 1.0
Will Discuss for Creole Additions#
- Plugin - A generic extension element
- Underlined - Similar to bold or italic, so we should include it
- Strike - Same as underlined
- Quoting - Maybe like in e-mails? Example
- Superscript - A markup usefull for displaying a range of things correctly like dates
- Subscript - Companion to superscript
- Reference - An essential ingredient for any wiki
- Intra page links - http://www.example.com/page.htm#IntraPageLink
- Newlines - Proposals on treating newlines
- MagicWords - Like signatures
Discussions that are related, but not part of common wiki markup today, or are not markup at all. Below is a list of things we don't know yet where to put it. Therefore this is the place where to put standardization elements, that might not be part of the current Goals, but might be useful in the future.
- Hard space - = ;
- HTML - How does creole overlay/replace/adapt HTML
- Font - Font size and colour/color.
- Anti Spam - Proposals for avoiding spam (Removeme? This has nothing todo with markup standardisation)
- Stricter syntax - I would like to propose a tighter requirement on the syntac for inline formatting
- Newline Space - Creolify list and table spec to remove ambiguity of unnecessary and ambiguous spaces.