Here is the current state of wiki engines involved in the Creole project. There's a distinction between a wiki and the software the wiki is using. The wiki software is often referred to as a wiki engine whereas a wiki is a community website using a certain engine. For wiki communities where you already can use Creole see WikisSupportingCreole
Engines supporting#Engines that already support Creole. Please add links to Sandboxes for those wikis where we can try out the creole markup.
- Oddmuse - supports Creole 1.0, Sandbox
- MoinMoin - supports Creole 1.0 in 1.6.0 release (and as plugin for moin 1.5.x also)
- DokuWiki - supports Creole 0.1 through a Plugin, Sandbox
- TiddlyWiki - supports Creole 0.1 through a Plugin, see http://martinswiki.com/prereleases.html
- JSPWiki - supports Creole 0.6 - Sandbox
- Ghestalt - supports most of 0.4, with some variations - Sandbox (not working 15-Oct-2007)
- PmWiki - supports 0.4 as an option - Sandbox
- PodWiki - supports Creole 0.3 - DemoPage + Sandbox through Format Module
- Nyctergatis Markup Engine (NME), an open-source C library - supports 1.0 and many additions - Sandbox
- NotesWiki - supports Creole 0.3
- PageOfText and PageOfCreole use the same engine - supports 1.0 - Sandbox. PageOfCreole defaults to creole markup.
- ODS Wiki - Virtuoso Universal Server powers the OpenLink Data Spaces, among which you will find the ODS Wiki. (Please add a Sandbox!)
- XWiki implements the Wiki Creole 1.0 syntax as an additional syntax experimentaly in XWiki Enterprise 1.6M1. It will have full implementation in XWiki 1.6 Enterprise - Sandbox. XWiki uses http://www.wikimodel.org as the WikiCreole parser.
Engines partially supporting#
- GeekiGeeki - supports 1.0, with some variations and missing features
- TracWiki - Creole 0.3 through a patch (currently only supports bold, italics and links)
Add your engine above if it supports or partially supports Creole.
Parsers, not associated with a special wiki engine
- http://creoleparser.googlepages.com/ (needs Genshi) Sandbox
- http://simplewiki.org/ - php5 creole(+) parser
Tools supporting#Tools that already support Creole. Please add links to Sandboxes for those wikis, where we can try out the creole markup.
- PEAR Text_Wiki Package supports Creole 1.0, Sandbox
- Drupal (Content Management System) through the PEAR wiki filter which uses the PEAR Text_Wiki Package
- Syntax file for vim: http://www.peter-hoffmann.com/code/vim/
- WikiModel - supports Creole 0.6
- C2 (Ward's Wiki, the first wiki)
- SnipSnap uses Radeox
- Midgard Wiki
- Wikka Wiki - not yet planning to support Creole in forthcoming releases, but following this discussion with interest and hope to be able to integrate Creole in a later version
- XWiki uses Radeox
- WikiOnAStick - partially supports some syntax and XHTML rendering of syntax
- Liferay Portal 5.0
- TikiWiki CMS-Groupware (on wish list)
Add your engine above, if you plan to implement Creole.
Add your tool above, if you plan to implement Creole.