Apart from all the elements defined in Creole 1.0, it experimentally supports:
- start lines with ">" (e-mail style); remarks/comments start with ":"
- Address or Signature
- See http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/global.html#h-7.5.6 - start a line with two dashes
- ordinals as 1st, 1ère etc are also automatically superscripted
- enclose in ",,"
- enclose in "__"
- Hyphen List Markup Proposal
- items starting with a number require a space after the hyphen
- enclose a number in square brackets, then start a line with the same sequence
- Email-style emphasis
- use a single char ("/", "*", "_") for emphasis
- Image inlining
- automatic inlining of images when links end with .jpg etc.
It also has a full renderer, to convert documents from other wiki syntaxes to Creole.
Note. Single newlines can be handled as in most wikis (ignored - default) or as in word-processors (meaning a paragraph break).