Changes proposed for Creole 0.4#
There is a lot of changes proposed for Creole 0.4, and some of them are interdependent. I will try and list them here, so that we can have a better picture. If I skip something, feel free to add it.
- treat "\n" in paragraphs as space, not as forced line breaks (ChangeLinebreakMarkupProposal);
- have a "forced line break" markup (which one? Talk.Linebreaks);
- start headings with single "=", not double (Talk.Headings);
- allow "}" at the end of nowiki and preformatted blocks (Talk.PreformattedAndNowiki);
- allow forced line break in table cells;
- require whitespace after a bullet in lists (RequireSpaceAfterBulletProposal);
Changes still discussed that seem too immature for 0.4, probably to be proposed for 0.5:
- quoting markup;
- table headings;
- multiline list items;
- indented block markup;
- escape character;
That's just my "impression" of where we stand, but I think it's important to know it. Now, do we just put it into a draft and discuss it as a whole? This version seems to bring a lot of pretty important changes.
Edit: Updated the list according to comments in Talk.News_blogentry_070107_1, added links to porposals and discussions.