We will conduct an usability test involving Creole.
The plan is as follows:
- There will be two groups of students, 26 persons each. Those are 1st year math students, will basic computer skills (they can use e-mail).
- Each group will use a separate wiki site both for getting their course materials and for doing their homework.
- The wiki sites will be identical, except they will use different parsers -- supporting two different versions of modified Creole.
- The students will not be able to see any pages created by other students (at least not without the other student's action).
- The preview button has been disabled, as to record as much material as possible.
- The students will only receive very brief introduction. The rest of the information is to be found on the wiki.
- The teacher will demand that the pages are well-formatted.
The differences between the two versions:
|Group 1||Group 2|
|wiki-like line breaks||blog-like line breaks|
|a space required after the bullets||no space required after the bullets|
The wiki engine is being prepared at http://helios.wmid.amu.edu.pl/~sheep/cgi-bin/ppr.cgi It has only the basic wiki functionality, as to avoid distraction and intimidation.
The engine is ready. The classes start 19th of February 2007.