Here is a poll about the changes between Creole 0.5 and 0.6.
I'd suggest to end it on Friday 13-Apr-2007 at noon, unless there are less than five (registered?) people who've expressed their opinion. -- YvesPiguet
Yves, what does 2 mean?. I think it's better to use A,B,C... not to confuse the rating with footnotes...
Lists#1=strongly disagree, 2=disagree, 3=don't care, 4=agree, 5=strongly agree
|Creole 0.5+disamb. rules|
|/^ *- /|
- A: As in Creole 0.5, weakly defined.
- B: As in Creole 0.5, but with disambiguation rules for bold (e.g. "no bold at the beginning of a line in the context of a list")
- C: One or more stars at the beginning of a line, followed by at least one space (can be mixed with #).
- D: One or more stars with leading spaces ignored, followed by at least one space (can be mixed with #).
- E: One or more hyphens at the beginning of a line, followed by at least one space (can be mixed with #).
- F: Single hyphen followed by at least one space, leading spaces used to indicate the nesting level (hyphen replaced with # for numbered lists)
Where are those alternatives ?
- G: One or more stars at the beginning of a line, (no space required afterwards) (In fact could be A, but would be clearer)
- This is B -- YvesPiguet.
- H: One or more hyphens at the beginning of a line, (no space required afterwards)
Further information: ListMarkupAlternatives
Escape character#1=strongly disagree, 2=disagree, 3=don't care, 4=agree, 5=strongly agree
|other esc. char||Postpone|
- "None" still leaves us plain-text nowiki, right? Axel Rauschmayer
- Gregor to Axel: which sense of "plain" - non-formatted, or monospace formatted? This is decisive to me.
- I assume that tilde+any means: any, except in a nowiki-inline/pre-block, correct? Gregor Hagedorn
- Yes. The only markup recognized in nowiki/pre is the end markup, which can be escaped with other rules (leading space for pre, more than three closing braces at the end of a span in nowiki) --YvesPiguet.
Splitting nowiki and monospace#1=strongly disagree, 2=disagree, 3=don't care, 4=agree, 5=strongly agree
|Name||Creole 0.5||Triple-braces for nowiki|
without style change
double-sharp for monospace
- "Creole 0.5" = all wiki escaping (block and inline) is always bounded to monospace. Monospace text can never be formatted, and proportional font text must always interpret any creole/wiki-markup
- Yves: please specify what "w/out style" means, I am not sure. In my vote I interpret this as "nowiki not affecting formatting" rather than "nowiki removing formatting"! Gregor Hagedorn
- Other: Figure out what purposes nowiki is supposed to serve (see my first comment on Talk.Creole0.6). Axel Rauschmayer